Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Sweet Cream Nursery: Stage one

Hello again Stampers,

I just had to share a non-stamping project that has been occupying me for the past 24 hours- first stage of setting up Olivia's 'Sweet Cream' nursery:) The walls have been painted with Sweet Cream to give a gentle buttery soft yellow glow- it's very soothing:) I don't usually blog about 'non stamping' projects, but I'm so blessed to have so many friends & fellow stampers that have contributed to Olivia's introduction that I just had to share this little adventure with you:)

My dear husband spent last evening constructing Olivia's crib (thanks Mom & Dad!) while I blogged and cheered him on:) Here it is:



My contribution to the crib construction last night was the musical mobile! Olivia received the matching floor gym on Saturday from a dear friend and my first team member, Cindy! I just love the teddy bear floating in her little pink tutu!



I've spent the better part of today doing laundry, preparing linens for Olivia's
new bed- what do you think?

This is a closeup of my bargain, Shabby Chic patchwork bedding- I got these pieces for a song which just added to their charm:) I wanted something subtle and soft- one of my coworkers (thanks, Pat!) found these and I've been thrilled with them....of course, I've spent hours today washing and ironing them but it's worth it! The quilt is due via post shortly....



One of the many lovely gifts Olivia has received is this adorable stuffed mouse from a dear friend, Susan- he's currently holding Livy's place, next to her pillow:) I have a little lamb to keep Mousey company but she's currently buried...somewhere:)



And finally, here is a closeup of the quilt that Grandma aka 'Sweet Stamper' made for Olivia:) My own favorite baby blanket was almost identical- I was thrilled to find fabric that will always remind me of my own "pink":)



So, what have these pictures inspired you to stamp? I'll be sharing my own interpretations next week- send me a picture of your 'nursery inspiration' and I'll send you a hand stamped card!

I'll be starting my next load of nursery laundry tomorrow but I don't plan on boring you with sheet savers, so don't worry:)

Thanks for looking and as always, happy stamping:)

Tiffany

4 comments:

Sara said...

It looks great! There is sooo much laundry to do with a baby.

Tiffany said...

No kidding and I've barely started! I don't plan on ironing crib sheets long term- Amir said that's sure to get old fast & I agree:)

Jamie Sanchez said...

haha.. you think there's alot when they're babies.. just wait til they get older! Well you might be safe Tiff.. she's a girl (we already know girls rule!), but boys pfffttt forget it!

Jamie Sanchez said...

Oh! Love the nursery by the way... looks too cute.